Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church was started by Swedish Lutherans during 1914 at the church’s current location in northeast Minneapolis. Parents wanted to have a Sunday School that was closer than the church they were attending. The two mile walk was difficult in the winter and this section of Minneapolis had more people moving into it. A new church, Gustavus Adolphus, was started in a small wooden building at the corner of 27th and Lincoln Street.During the following years, the congregation grew with the community. The original building became too small and the current building was constructed in 1937. Several expansions were made with the latest in 1992, adding a new front entry and elevator. Throughout this time, Gustavus Adolphus Minneapolis established itself by serving the needs of its community and families. Over a century later, we’re still committed to serving the needs of our community and its residents while looking to the future. We thank God for many, many blessings and the people who make up our congregation and neighborhood. We welcome you to come and worship with us.